Throw a Green Holiday Party | Industrial Recycling Blog | Marck Recycling
It’s party time! The holiday season is here, and that means office gatherings and family get-togethers. And while the colors of Christmas are red and green, we’ll focus on the green in doing our best to make a positive impact on the environment. Here are a few tips to throw an eco-friendly holiday party:
- Send out an e-vite instead of paper invitations; they’re fun, free, and generate zero waste. Or, you can always make custom invites out of recycled materials.
- Decorate the do-it-yourself way. Making your own decorations lets you show your personality and reuse common household items. Check out this list for a few ideas.
- Focus on using biodegradable or recycled products for table settings like napkins and cups. Or just use reusable dinnerware.
- Get a head count! That way you can cook for the number of people attending, and won’t risk wasting food. And if you do have leftovers, reuse them in new dishes for your personal use.
- Make it easy for your guests to recycle. Set up a recycle bin next to your trash bin and inform guests which items are recyclable
- Go natural. Household cleaners like bleach emit toxic fumes, and there’s nothing that can’t be cleaned with a combination of water, vinegar, lemon, hydrogen peroxide, or baking soda.
For more holiday recycling tips, follow us on Facebook.